Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

For those of you who are using my link on the school website to get to my webpage, I was able to edit the page and add the Cougar Paw.  Either the sentence or the Cougar Paw will link to my webpage now.


Picture Day is September 15.  Information is coming home today.  Please send in money on the day of pictures.  I do not anywhere to store it.


Thank you to those who have already filled out and sent in your beginning of the year paperwork.  If you have not done so, please do so as soon as possible.


Yesterday students who ride a bus were given a sheet of expectations by Mrs. Richter.  Mrs. Richter needs this sheet signed by parents and turned in.


At today's Kickoff Assembly students were told about a new program that Clovis is starting called Buddy Patrol.  There will be four students from each grade level selected to be part of the Buddy Patrol.  Please talk with your child to see if they are interested.  Tomorrow interested students will be given an application to fill out at home.




Homework:


Reading - read 20 minutes


Math - practice flashcards
Home/Connections 1 - 2.  This homework is for students who are in my math group.  Those students who are in Ms. Izzo's goup received a different assignment.  Home/Connections 1-2 is linked on the September Math Calendar on my webpage, if the homework is lost or forgotten.  If you are able to access the webpage but not able to print, I told students they can just write their answers on a piece of paper and I will accept that as being finished.


I know that the challenge problems can be difficult but it is important that your child at least try the problem and not skip it or put down "I don't know."  The trying will help with their math independence and build confidence when they see similar problems on a math test.







No comments:

Post a Comment