Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday, February 5, 2016


I was given a study today regarding reading minutes and the link to standardized testing.  Students who read at least 20 minutes per day typically score in the 90th percentile on standardized testing, students who read 5 minutes per day typically score in the 50th percentile on standardized testing and students who read 1 minute per day typically score in the 10th percentile or below.  I showed this data to my students today but I think they had a hard time understanding percentile.  I just explained to them the more they read the better they will do on testing.


Reminders for next week:

There will not be spelling next week because of the shortened week.

Monday - No School

Wednesday - Late Start

Thursday - I will be gone to a meeting - no blog

Friday - Valentine's Party in the afternoon

Homework:

Reading - read 20 minutes

Math - study flashcards
Valentine Math Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment